Once we receive your order, the shipping date may be from two to eight weeks, depending on the type of bed ordered and our order entry volume at the time. We will inform you of the anticipated time frame for production when you place your order. We will handle all the shipping arrangements and you will be invoiced for the shipping and packaging costs. Any bed may be shipped directly to your home or business address. Here are your shipping options:
- Ship a commercial address by Freight Company. (Least Expensive)
- Ship to residential address by Freight Company. Additional cost for residential delivery and curb-side service, meaning they may leave bed at curb. In our experience, many drivers will help you get your bed to a garage or first floor, but they are not required to do so.
- Ship to residential address, inside delivery. Another step up in cost; they must help getting bed inside your house or apartment, but usually not to a second floor. They will not help you unbox your bed.
- Ship to local furniture delivery service (initial freight would be option 1) and customer makes arrangements with service for delivery and set up of bed. (Additional Cost of Delivery Service).
- White Glove Delivery: Bed is shipped by carrier who will transport bed, deliver it, set it up, and remove packaging. This service may take more time and will be the most expensive option.
It is the recipient’s responsibility to make sure the product arrives in good condition and is not damaged, before signing the freight bill of lading. (Please see our video on this topic.) Most beds arrive without a problem, but on rare occasions, freight damage is a possibility. If damage were to occur, our job is to help you get it right. Please advise us immediately if your shipment is damaged.