Get it ready: Polish it and replace missing parts
Our Exclusive Miracle Brass Cleaning Kit Instructions
- Remove any old lacquer or coatings (if any) with xylene or lacquer thinner. You can test for old coatings by trying to clean a small area. If the brass or silver cleans easily with polish, then there is probably no protective coating on the metal
- We recommend taking a brass bed apart to apply the coating but some people polish it intact.This is a personal preference.
- Use our Miracle Cleaner to remove corroded areas and bad tarnish. You may need a bit of the extra fine steel wool.
Options to sell it
- Email photo to consignment stores in your area
- List for sale on Craigslist, eBay, Etsy, Worthpoint
- Sit it outside in your yard on a weekend with a sign
- Sell it for scrap metal
Convert it to another piece you can use
Sofa, bench, daybed, coat rack, etc.